- Develop a query-by-example mode using automated content-based analysis which ultimately extracts salient visual and textual features from the multimedia objects and creates according indices
- Explore new browsing paradigms which make use of above similarity indices
- Devise new search paradigms based on lateral browsing
- Present and summarise results adequately through document clustering; automated natural language summarisation of text and speech; story board generation of video material
- Define new interfaces which integrate and synchronise the different modi for resource discovery in digital libraries
The project will showcase novel search and browsing engines allowing to search multimedia collections by alternative ways, eg, image similarity, as well as textual metadata which may or may not be present.